Thursday, July 30, 2020

Worship outline for the Drive-In Service, August 1, 2020


Gathering Music                     “Cross”fire Praise Band
Announcements

Community Song        Above All        Book 1 - #216

Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature
And all created things
Above all wisdom
And all the ways of man
You were here
Before the world began

Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders
The world has ever known
Above all wealth
And treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
What You're worth

Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all   (2 times)

Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all


Greeting
The grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
And also with you.


Community Song        God of Tempest God of Whirlwind      ELW #400

1.  God of tempest, God of whirlwind,
as on Pentecost descend!
Drive us out from sheltered comfort;
past these walls your people send!
Sweep us into costly service,
there with Christ to bear the cross,
there with Christ to bear the cross!

2. God of blazing, God of burning,
all that blocks your purpose, purge!
Through your church, Christ’s living Body,
let your flaming Spirit surge!
Where deceit conceals injustice,
kindle us to speak your truth,
kindle us to speak your truth!

3.  God of earthquake, God of thunder,
shake us loose from lethargy!
Break the chains of sin asunder,
for earth’s healing set us free!
Crumble walls that still divide us;
make us one in Christ our Lord,
make us one in Christ our Lord!

4.  God of passion, God unsleeping,
stir in us love’s restlessness!
Where the people cry in anguish,
may we share your heart’s distress.
Rouse us from content with evil;
claim us for your kingdom’s work,
claim us for your kingdom’s work!


Prayer
Children’s Message
Readings
                        1 Kings 3:5-12
                        Romans 8:26-39

Community Song        Give Us Clean Hands                   Book 2 #- 127  Sung through two times


Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let us not lift our souls to another


And oh God let us be
A generation that seeks
Seeks your face
Oh God of Jacob
And oh God let us be
A generation that seeks
Seeks your face
Oh God of Jacob


Gospel             Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52

Message
  
Community Song        Beautiful Savior   ELW #838


1 Beautiful Savior, King of creation,
Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I’d love thee, truly I’d serve thee,
light of my soul, my joy, my crown.
2 Fair are the meadows, fair are the woodlands,
robed in flow'rs of blooming spring;
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer,
he makes our sorrowing spirit sing.

3 Fair is the sunshine, fair is the moonlight,
bright the sparkling stars on high;
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
than all the angels in the sky.
4 Beautiful Savior, Lord of the nations,
Son of God and Son of Man!
Glory and honor, praise, adoration,
now and forevermore be thine!

Creed

I believe in God the Father Almighty; I believe He made the earth and heavens.

I believe in Jesus born of a virgin, I believe He is the Son of God.
I believe in Jesus as teacher and healer that his life was poor and simple.
I believe Jesus heals and forgives; that he was betrayed and rejected; that he fought the power of evil.
I believe that Jesus died, was buried and He rose to life again.
I believe He was taken to heaven; and He reigns at God’s right hand.
I believe Jesus will come back in glory, and will judge the dead and living.

I believe the holy life-giving Spirit is a gift of the Son and Father to us;
I believe the three are one and united.
I believe in the resurrection of the body and in an everlasting life. Amen

Prayers
Peace
Offering

Community Song        Give Thanks      Book 1- # 13
GIVE THANKS
WITH A GRATEFUL HEART
GIVE THANKS
TO THE HOLY ONE
GIVE THANKS
BECAUSE HE'S GIVEN
JESUS CHRIST, HIS SON  (2x)

AND NOW LET THE WEAK SAY
I AM STRONG
LET THE POOR SAY
I AM RICH
BECAUSE OF WHAT
THE LORD HAS DONE
FOR US
(2x)

GIVE THANKS...

Communion

Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever.   Amen.

Communion
When the pastor lifts the bread and says “This is the body of Christ given for you.” We will eat together. When the pastor lifts the wine and says, “This is the blood of Christ shed for you.” We will drink together.

Blessing

Community Song        I know that My redeemer Lives   ELW #619
           

1 I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead;
he lives, my ever-living head!
2 He lives triumphant from the grave;
he lives eternally to save;
he lives exalted, throned above;
he lives to rule his church in love.
3 He lives to grant me rich supply;
he lives to guide me with his eye;
he lives to comfort me when faint;
he lives to hear my soul's complaint.
4 He lives to silence all my fears;
he lives to wipe away my tears;
he lives to calm my troubled heart;
he lives all blessing to impart.


Dismissal

  Music used in this service is reprinted with permission OneLicense.net #A-710659

The Rev. Timothy Muse,                                                            The Rev. Diana Thompson,

Lead Pastor                                                                                          Administrative Pastor
St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church                 St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
                                                                                                                         Interim Pastor,
                                                                                     St. John’s Lutheran Church, Minerva

“Cross”Fire Praise Band
The Rev. Timothy  Muse, Vocals/Bass                                            Kathy Sloan, Keyboard
                                                                                                              Diana Cullen, Vocals



No comments:

Post a Comment