Friday, August 14, 2020

Service outline for Drive in Worship, Saturday, August 15, 2020

Gathering Music                                                                                         “Cross”fire Praise Band

Announcements

Community Song                            That’s Why We Praise Him                                  

 

He came to live, live a perfect life
He came to be the living Word of light
He came to die, so we'd be reconciled
He came to rise to show His power and might

Refrain

And that's why we praise Him, that's why we sing
That's why we offer Him our everything
That's why we bow down and worship this King
'Cause He gave His everything
'Cause He gave His everything

 

He came to live, live again in us
He came to be our conquering King and Friend
He came to heal and show the lost ones His love
He came to go prepare a place for us
Refrain

 

Halle Hallelujah

Halle Hallelujah

Halle Hallelujah

Halle Hallelujah 

Refrain


 Greeting

The grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

And also with you.

 

Community Song                                  Jesus Still Lead On                                            ELW #624

 1. Jesus, still lead on, till our rest be won;

    and, although the way be cheerless,
we will follow, calm and fearless;
guide us by your hand to the promised land.

 

2. If the way be drear, if the foe be near,
let no faithless fears o'ertake us,
let not faith and hope forsake us;
safely past the foe to our home we go.

 

 3. When we seek relief from a long-felt grief,

    when temptations come alluring
make us patient and enduring;
show us that bright shore where we weep no more.


4. Jesus, still lead on, till our rest be won;
heav'nly leader, still direct us,
still support, console, protect us,
till we safely stand in the promised land.

 Prayer

Children’s Message

Readings

                                                                  Isaiah 56:1, 6-8

                                                           Romans 11:1-2a, 29-32

 

Community Song                                 Open Our Eyes Lord                                          Book 2 - #9 

                                                           Sung through two times

 

Open our eyes, Lord; we want to see Jesus

To reach out and touch him, and say that we love him.

Open our ears, Lord, and help us to listen.

Open our eyes, Lord, we want to see Jesus.

(repeat)

 

Gospel                                                    Matthew 15:10-28

Message

Community Song                              More Love, More Power                                      

More love, more power.

More of You in my life.

More love, more power.

More of You in my life.

 

Refrain

And I will worship You with all of my heart,

And I will worship You with all of my mind,

And I will worship You with all of my strength,

You are my Lord, You are my Lord.

 

More faith, more passion.

More of You in my life.

More faith, more passion.

More of You in my life. Refrain

 

More love, more power.

More of You in my life.

More love, more power.

More of You in my life. Refrain

 

 

Creed

I believe in God the Father Almighty; I believe He made the earth and heavens.

I believe in Jesus born of a virgin, I believe He is the Son of God.

I believe in Jesus as teacher and healer that his life was poor and simple.
I believe Jesus heals and forgives; that he was betrayed and rejected; that he fought the power of evil.

I believe that Jesus died, was buried and He rose to life again.

I believe He was taken to heaven; and He reigns at God’s right hand.

I believe Jesus will come back in glory, and will judge the dead and living.

 

I believe the holy life-giving Spirit is a gift of the Son and Father to us;

I believe the three are one and united.

I believe in the resurrection of the body and in an everlasting life. Amen

 

Prayers

Peace

Offering

Community Song                                        Give Thanks                                              Book 1- # 13

Give thanks

    with a grateful heart
give thanks
to the holy one
give thanks
because he's given
Jesus Christ, his son

 

 

And now let the weak say
i am strong
let the poor say
i am rich
because of what
the lord has done
for us
(x2)

Give thanks...


Communion

 Lord’s Prayer

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever.   Amen.

 Communion

When the pastor lifts the bread and says “This is the body of Christ given for you.” We will eat together. When the pastor lifts the wine and says, “This is the blood of Christ shed for you.” We will drink together.

 

Blessing

 Community Song                            Rock of Ages, Cleft For Me                                      ELW #623

 

1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee;
let the water and the blood
from thy riven side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
cleanse me from guilt and pow'r.

 

2. Not the labors of my hands
can fulfill thy law’s demands;
could my zeal no respite know,
could my tears forever flow,
all for sin could not atone;
thou must save, and thou alone.

 

3. Nothing in my hand I bring;
simply to thy cross I cling.
Naked, come to thee for dress;
helpless, look to thee for grace;
foul, I to the fountain fly;
wash me, Savior, or I die.

 

4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
when mine eyelids close in death,
when I soar to worlds unknown,
see thee on thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee.


Dismissal

Music used in this service is reprinted with permission OneLicense.net #A-710659

No comments:

Post a Comment